The Lee College Senior Adult & Travel Program will host nearly a dozen bus trips and special events through January for adults with a spirit of adventure and the desire to make new friends — including daylong excursions to destinations of interest throughout Baytown and Houston.
Registration for bus trips, classes and events is ongoing; seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis with a waiting list in case of cancellations. To sign up, call the Center for Workforce and Community Development at 281.425.6311 or visit in person at 909 Decker Drive in Baytown.
Program Manager Lynne Foley will also host a showcase of the 2016 tours to the Grand Canyon, Canadian Rockies, Cuba and France from 5-8 p.m., Monday, Nov. 2, at 909 Decker Drive. For more information, visit www.lee.edu/workforce and see the FOCUS Newsletter.
Upcoming bus trips and events include:
- International Quilt Festival and Downtown Houston Tunnels — Thursday, Oct. 29
Dress comfortably for a full morning of strolling through exhibits at the festival, followed by a jaunt to the Houston Tunnel system for a unique lunch under the city streets. Fee: $17.
- Senior Night at Lee College Volleyball — Thursday, Oct. 29
Enjoy a light dinner before cheering on the Lady Rebel Volleyball Team at their last home game of the season. No fee.
- AARP Driver Safety Class — Tuesday, Nov. 3
This popular class satisfies all state insurance requirements for a discount but cannot be used for a traffic violation. Checks and money orders must be made out to AARP: $15 for members, and $20 for non-members.
- Wetlands Center Class and Baytown Nature Center Tour — Wednesday, Nov. 4
View the exhibits at the Eddie Gray Wetlands Center in Baytown – including live alligators – and have lunch in the Baytown Nature Center Pavilion before a guided tour. Fee: $12 for lunch only.
- Veterans Day Celebration & Fourth Anniversary of the LC Veterans Center — Tuesday, Nov. 10
Join the Lee College Veterans Center for a celebration of its fourth anniversary that will honor all military service members, past and present. Refreshments will be served. No fee.
- Afternoon Tour and Tasting at Budweiser Distributing — Wednesday, Nov. 11
Take an informational tour of Wismer Distributing in Baytown and relax in the facility’s community room with complimentary beer tastings and snacks. No fee.
- Red Hat Scarlett Ya Yas Christmas High Tea and Style Show — Tuesday, Dec. 1
Dress-up attire is expected for this afternoon of sandwiches, sweets and tea in the Phyllis Davis Room at 909 Decker Drive. No fee.
- Christmas Mystery Trip – Wednesday, Dec. 2
The only clues you get for this trip are to dress comfortably and wear a sweater. Fee: $35, which includes a tour, transportation, lunch and a surprise or two.
- “History in Your Own Backyard” with John Britt: Galveston Island — Friday, Jan. 8
The island adventure will begin with a tour of the newly opened Bryan Museum, followed by lunch on your own and a private tour of the famed Rosenburg Library. Fee: $25.
- Theatre Under the Stars: “The Bridges of Madison County” — Tuesday, Jan. 19
Catch the Tony Award-winning musical adaptation of one of the most romantic stories ever written, plus dinner in downtown Houston before the show. Fee: $45, which includes tickets and transportation only.
- A.D. Production of “Barefoot in the Park” — Thursday, Jan. 28
Watch Neil Simon’s most successful romantic comedy as performed by one of the largest resident theater companies in the city, with dinner in the Galleria area before the show. Fee: $36, which includes tickets and transportation only.